Monday, November 14, 2005

The Wedding!

Alrighty Alrighty! I'm back to give all the details

July 1st, 2006
Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
Aunty Marie's yard or Lost Moose Lodge (not certain yet)
6:00pm
Outdoor wedding
Casual attire (but no speedos!)
Bring your lawn/camping chair if you want a seat
Pastor Ed Turner Officiating
Bride :Suzanne Turner
Groom: Brian Dumont
Best Man: Ken Myers
Best Woman: Deb Lee
Flower girl: Mikayla (daugter of the Groom) with her requested "tiara"
Ring Bearer: Thomas (son of the Bride with his requested red pillow (wedding not allowed if he couldn't be ring bearer!)
Invited : All Family and close friends (whoever can make it mostly!)
Special music byBrian Dumont
Supper 7pm: by Betty Dumont (Mother of the groom) and Aunty Marie (Aunty of the Groom)
Dance 8pm: Brian Dumont DJ services (requests can be made via email to the Bride for censorship)
There will be no bar or drinks served! The smith clan is wacky enough without it!
Accomodations: Lost Moose Resort, camping is $15 per day per site, there are washrooms and hot showers and a restaurant. There are 3 cabins available $99/night or 4 nights for the price of 3. I will reserve as much as possible but can't afford to pick up the tab! The Bride and groom and kids along with his/her immediate family will be around for the week. Everyone else is welcome to stay and vacation as well. We will all be a short drive to the beach but a nice distance from the crowd

The Bride is atempting to call everyone, without much success, so do call and let her know if you will be attending and for how long so she can book the accomodations. We are all very excited to see everyone

P.S The Groom's family respects the fact that he, his Bride, and his Bride's family, do not drink.
The Groom and his Bride also respect the fact that the Groom's family is accustomed to an evening drink and that they may have a glass of wine on their dime. The Bride and Groom ask that all those attending be respectful of these facts.

7 comments:

Montana Sherry C said...

Well, put, Sue. Thanks for posting all the details. I'm really hoping we'll be able to come. Will let you know when we've got it figured out.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

"Wacky"?? Hummmmmmmmm?? Yep, Yep, Yep!! Can't disagree, I guess. Thank's for posting Suzanne. I've been waiting to see that update in your blog. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!!! We'll be there--wouldn't miss it!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Could someone please help me remember to bring a "box" of ear plugs?? Let me see, how many tents did you say Suzie?? Those in 5 tents on either side of us will all need plugs. Ed woke "himself" up "snoring", twice, the other day. Pretty scarey!! But then, I guess that would help scare the bear away, if any are lurking near by in the shadows.
Can you rent motor homes with "dishes" on top of them? Ed could take the tent then, and us girls could watch the movies!! (hee hee)
Now about the boots? Will I need flip flops? or hip waders?? I remember my last tenting experience in British Columbia. Our tent "floating" down the stream in the morning could have been in the morning paper.
Just Kidding!!!!
Well, maybe I'm not!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Oops, I stand corrected by the boss!! It was Alaska where we had the "tenting" experience, not British Columbia. But I do hear that British Columbia also gets that rain. I have a question! How did the resort get the "Lost Moose" name??

I agree with Sherry, Suzie, you put that quite well in your post!! But I do know a few people in the Smith Clan who wouldn't mind that glass of wine, as well.

SUZIE Q said...

you want wine, you buy your own, ain't part of my budget! Chexk out the site www.lostmooseresort.com for info about the moose. No worries, I'm certain it won't rain all week like alaska did.

Eagle-eye Di said...

I would like to bring my own glass of wine or should I say bottle? I believe in sharing.Suzzie please reserve a tent spot for us and we will buy and bring our own abode.Love ya.If we won't be able to make it at the last minute we will donate the spot to someone else free of charge.Let me know how much to send to help reserve the spot ok?